Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:27:23 -0600
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report: Detlef has Left Utah & is Safely in Maine
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tantonbz@GMAIL.COM>

Tom, are you having the tires installed at a shop? I believe shipping from Van Cafe to a commercial address is cheaper than to a residential address. mcneely

---- Tom Buese <tantonbz@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > Been searching for Hakkas for weeks-BION, Van Cafe has the only Hakkas > suitable for a Vanagon that I can find! Not Tire factory( in Michigan), > not no body! VC also says CS's are discontinued. > > Just ordered Hakka C's w/o studs from VC-They are the best available IMHO. > Bad news tires have to be shipped almost back to Finland! Only $116 > shipping for 4 to my door. > > BTW, I don't believe that Hakka WRC's come in 14". > > YMMV, > > Mr. BZ-14"-if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it. > > On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Melissa Mourkas <westywoman@mac.com> wrote: > > > Van Cafe still has the Nokian line on their website as of today. The > > Hakkapelita CS are there in 185 and 195 R 14 sizes. > > > > Sent from my iPad > > > > On Mar 8, 2012, at 8:03, Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > > > > RE: Hakka CS Tiresw > > > Oh damn, another tire thread! > > > Tom, based on all reports and a very reliable source taht had a direct > > > conversation with Nokian U.S. there won't be any more CS type tires > > coming > > > in, at least not in the 14" and apparently none at all. This in spite of > > > the fact that they are still listed on the Nokian website. Second, the > > only > > > place you can buy Nokian tires in the West is from Tire Factory. They > > now > > > have exclusive distribution and sales rights, at least for the western > > US. > > > I don't know about back east. And the replacement seems to be the Hakka > > WR > > > C tires. > > > > > > -- > Tom Buese

-- David McNeely