Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:37:13 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: FS: Pricy 2WD Westy on VA CL
Comments: To: Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>

Although I should add, very nice looking Westy, and if all that work has been done by a shop, they have dropped a chunk of change into it! Jeff Stewart ----- Original Message ----- > Not mine. I did not even know this one was in the area and it has been > for sale on Samba for a couple of weeks. Looks like buyers might not > be beating the door down, but it's probably a better deal (relatively > speaking) than Jeff's favorite aircooled Westy. For that price I'd > want it to be closer to "perfect" condition than this. > http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2900378668.html > 1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia Camper - $16000 (Mechanicsville, VA.) > Date: 2012-03-13, 3:49PM EDT > Reply to: sgxj7-2900378668@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying > to ads?] > 1990 Westy in very good condition. 138K miles on original engine. > Automatic, power windows, a/c. > Runs great, rides luxuriously, and looks sharp. It comes with new > reinforced tires and Belstein shocks that make it ride and handle like > new. The engine and transmission run flawlessly, and has no fluid > leaks. The exterior and interior look very nice and draws lots of > attention when on the road, and the camping and interior equipment > work as they should. > I made sure our Westy is very reliable for long distance family trips > by performing the following work to it during the past couple of years > (about $8,000 worth of work, records available): > New Fuel Tank & Fuel Sending Unit > New Fuel Pump & Fuel Filter & Hoses > New Drive Belts (all) > New Spark Plugs, Cap & Rotor, Ignition Cables, & Air Filter > New Water Pump & Thermostat > Many new coolant Hoses & Seals (I replaced any that looked > questionable) > Flushed the auto transmission fluid and replaced the ATF screen > New Power Window Motors (left & Right) > New Fresh Air Blower & Switch > New Tires (all 4) > New Belstein Shocks (all 4) > New Rear Wheel Bearings > New Batteries (main & auxiliary) > New a/c Compressor > New Fresh Water Pump from Go Westy > New Sony Stereo > New salon Carpet > The following are additional items: > Rear facing jump seat > Overhead 11" Sony DVD/TV > Reading spot lights > Extra cup holders > Power Inverter > Power Converter > The following are the negative items: > The pop top canvas has tears and is due for replacement. It has cruise > control, but it doesn't work, the paint job is OK but is not the best, > and there is minor rust near one left seam. > Although this Westy is in a very nice shape, remember that it is over > 20 years old, it is not perfect, and has the normal ware and tare for > its age. > E-mail me if you have questions, or want to see more photos. Serious > inquiries only please. > Location: Mechanicsville, VA. > it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial > interests