Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2012 18:00:44 -0800
From:         Daryl Christensen <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Manual Tranny Oil
Comments: To: Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Kendall is only one of the oils and just one of many choices... From what I can decipher..Most all stock powered vans can use a NAME BRAND 75/90 Synthetic or similar gear oil and be fine. Valvoline is what my local Flaps sells and it seems to be a good match as Kendall can be hard to find. Royal Purple or Amsoil are used by many with no issues.

For 165 hp and higher vans, we Syncro guys use the Swepco 210 which is a 80/140 non synthetic racing and industrial lube.

The other very important key is to change the stuff every 2 yrs or so to keep and eye on what comes out of it. Metal particles and brass and just plain black watery stuff is a no-no. Same goes with flushing coolant and brake fluid....

Daryl of AA Transaxle 425-788-4070 "On the cutting edge of Old technology" 86 Syncro Westy w/Turbo Zetec in the trunk