Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:01:08 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Soft Brake Pedal Pressure after driving with Emergency brake
              on.
Comments: To: Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>

You most likely overheated and vaporized some fluid in the wheel brake cylinders. Bleeding may correct it but if got things hot enough to make a lot you need to consider a full brake replacement and get some grease in those wheel bearings. At a minimum everything needs to be inspected.

Dennis

Sent from my Windows Phone ________________________________ From: Robert Stewart Sent: 3/21/2012 12:28 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Soft Brake Pedal Pressure after driving with Emergency brake on.

Hello Everyone,

I replaced my front brake pads several months ago and the pressure has been great since. The other day someone other than myself pulled my emergency brake lever. I did not know and wound up driving with it on for 20 minutes on the highway. I started to smell something and I immediately released it. After doing so I realized my brake pressure on the pedal sank a bit.

What happened and how do I resolve this?

I have not checked my brake fluid level since this happened. I will check it but what can I do to resolve this?

Thanks, Robert Bloomingburg NY -- Rob Bloomingburg, New York 88 Wolfsburg, Silver 257,777 miles - automatic, engine rebuilt with 7K on it, all new fuel and coolant lines in engine bay. New front brake pads.