Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:01:58 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Canadian Importing Vanagon Westfalia to Canada:
              insurance while in US?
Comments: To: Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@yahoo.ca>

dear just filled out a form at edmonton office

unless your vehicle was stamped with a permission to export on the original title by a usa border agent your vehicle may cause untold grief further down the line maybe not for you but if another owner in canada tries to cross the border and on that day the agents are looking for vehicles that have been improperly exported ... they will flag and confiscate ... more over if there is anything untoward about your vehicle and you are involved in a wreck that involves your insurance paying out millions ... and the insurance co uncovers this "minor detail" they may refuse to pay ... i mean by all means seek some legal advice ... i do not work as a lawyer nor am i trained as such ... but the rules are very clear ... to have a vehicle imported into canada one must do these steps ...

and lets be clear having a vehicle imported into canada does not mean getting insurance or plates ... those are only secondary ideas which may or may not apply to the vehicle one is bringing into canada ... regardless of the destined purpose of your imported vehicle into canada from the usa ... you must have a permission to export stamp on the back of the original title ... and that stamp will mean the country has signed off on the vehicle to ensure it is not stolen or running from a lien ...

so i mplore anyone who is running an imported vehicle that was brought into canada with out all the i dotting and t crossing required ... fix this detail as soon as possible .. i do not want to be the person you crash into and discover your insurance will not pay my 500,000.00 $$ immediate medical expense and 5, ooo,ooo.00 life time of pain and suffering expense ... (can i then sue you cause you have that amount handy ) ... nor do i want to be the next owner of your van only to find out the usa customs are the beneficiary of my good deal as i try to enter usa ... with the additional benefit of being barred from usa entry for 10 years ... and maybe a stint in usa jail cause as a canadian i would be an alien in usa with no rights what ever ...

sounds far fetched and your laughing ... well often activities thought to be of little consequence to self are activities with the greatest consequence to others regards

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt