Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:37:38 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel consumption in different gears - how does the energy /
              fuel work?

While the waterboxer has a good amount of torque at low rpms, if I remember correctly, it's maximum torque is around 4000 rpms. VW's Inline 4 (2.0 liter) maximum torque (again from memory) is somewhere north of 5000 rpms (5800?)

(I'm not doing the internet research to back up my memory, since I'm on a slow connection.)