Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:08:56 -0700
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Brake bleeding problems
Comments: To: Bryan Feddish <uprightbassghost@HOTMAIL.COM>

You've been living with a one push to firm it pedal for a long time, yes? No rush to do anything...

Rob

At 3/26/2012 05:05 PM,Bryan Feddish wrote: >hmmm. With this test the pedal is real firm and stays that way. It’s always >been like that. I can always tell if I left the handbrake on when I start >to drive if my brake pedal is real firm. > >Where do I go from here? > >Thanks, >Bryan > >-----Original Message----- >From: Dennis Haynes >Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 7:39 PM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: Brake bleeding problems > >The pumping bringing them up a bit can be the result of a number of other >problems. >Rear cylinders without the springs to prevent the pistons from retracting. >Bad rear brake assembly or adjustment. Defective rear brake pressure >regulator. > >The first two are easy to diagnose. Set the handbrake and hit the brake >pedal once. Let go, wait a bit and hit the pedal again. If it stays firm >with the handbrake set then the problem is in the mechanicals. > >Dennis > >-----Original Message----- >From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of >Bryan Feddish >Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 4:05 PM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: Brake bleeding problems > >OK. I did 2 rounds of the "yell at your wife" method of brake bleeding, Got >allot of air out. The brakes feel like they do whenever I have gotten the >van back from any of my mechanics in the past. That meaning the pedal goes >down as far as it always has and a little pumping the brakes firms them up a >bit. This my third master cylinder BTW and my brakes have always shown this >behavior. They've always firmed up a bit when pumping. Maybe I'll try >bleeding again this weekend. Also, the brakes don't feel "great" because I >have new pads up front and need to wear them in a bit. > >Thanks, >Bryan > > >----- >No virus found in this message. >Checked by AVG - www.avg.com >Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4895 - Release Date: 03/26/12