Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:09:39 -0700
From:         Robert Downes <bobdownes@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: set of 5 16"wheels w/ great nokian tires,
              Norcal--nationwide delivery available

some of you may remember seeing my offer my '83 5sp 1.6TD a few days ago. well, one of the potential offers i've been negotiating (with a listmember) involves getting a lower price for the van sans the nice set of shoes i have on her.

the 5 wheels are the steel mefro wheels sold by Van Cafe in Santa Cruz. they are in near perfect condition;2 of them have a tiny pimple where the tire shop that first mounted them tried to torque them down over the brake drum retaining bolts.

the tires are 5 "Nokian Hakka C Van" in 215/65/16. they have about 60-70% tread left--for these, that means about 5/16" deep. the wheels and tires went on together about 18k miles ago and have been rotated 3 times.

this combo is a tight squeeze in the spare clamshell, but it does work. the springs on top have to be removed and a longer bolt used(i'll include the hardware i have on mine) and the tire touches one of the coolant hoses, i have gone 18000 miles like this with no issues.

full set of correct lugs(for 2wd) will also be included.

according to the arrangement currently in the works, the wheels would become available in Spokane, WA

i'll give them up for $800, with free delivery if you're close to my route from seattle-florida or very reasonable delivery if you're far off it. have an offer? try me, i'm looking to make a deal.

here are links to

pictures on thesamba ad for my van<http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1285902>

the tires<http://www.nokiantyres.com/tyre?id=10360792&group=3.02&name=Nokian+Hakka+C+Van>

the wheels <http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1263>

if you are interested, i prefer a phone call but i will respond to emails as well.

thanks again, list! -Bob Downes 530-337-6964