Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Apr 2012 08:13:42 -0500
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Quality? of "New" parts
Comments: To: Roger Barkley <rvbarkley4347@GMAIL.COM>

The real issue isn't new verses old, it's "aftermarket".

The aftermarket companies are all trying to produce parts as cheap as possible and in most cases, not up to the same standards as OEM.

The best way to actually see this in action is to go to your local McParts store and ask to see a Gates fan belt and the same store brand fan belt, then compare the two.

The only similarity between the two will be that they are belts and they will be about the same length.

The same comparison won't work for serpentine belts. Aftermarket is forced to build quality serpentine belts because of the load that's put on them. In other words, they build quality when they have to, even in China!

Thanks, Tom Hargrave www.stir-plate.com www.towercooler.com www.kegkits.com www.grow-sun.com