Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Apr 2012 18:22:05 +0200
From:         Raimund Feussner <ray@V6BUS.DE>
Subject:      Re: Mid-engine DoKa resurrection
Comments: To: Ben T <syncro@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Ben,

I took the photos yesterday, after more than three hours of vacuuming inside and scrubbing outside. Before, she looked like a sunken ship one just lifted.

The gates are steel, fabricated from three parted out vans´ driver sides... They are selfmade, so nothing to buy. I am curious how long it takes for the seams to rust through again.

I know there are gates available like this in Germany from vendors: fiberglass. Winkler sells them, if I remember correctly. But that was never an option, because I have seen Winkler´s products before :-( Also, the gates on the Doka didn´t cost very much. Only a little less weight for the steel recycling company...

Of course you don´t remember the gate change, the last photos I took were like this: www.v6bus.de/bmps/digi/mittelmotor/Dscs0009.jpg

Regards Raimund *23 in the flatbed, and that´s with big Rhonda.* Anyone know this phrase?!

Am 06.04.2012 22:30, schrieb Ben T: > Congrats on getting her back, Raimund. Are these photos before or after you took ownership back? > > I remember reading about your build but do not recall the gate changes. Do you know anyone still making those gates? Fiberglass or steel? > > > > Regards, > > BenT > > sent from my electronic leash > > On Apr 6, 2012, at 9:30 AM, Raimund Feussner<ray@V6BUS.DE> wrote: > >> The mid-engined double cab I built way back (2002), I finally bought her >> back from my friend (the previous owner while building) >> After spending more than two years creating this beast with my friend, I >> never had the chance to drive her extended time. >> >> After my friend lost motivation, she was standing more than three years >> in an open field (2008-2011). Wind, weather, Snow, Rain, open Sun etc. >> >> Well, we made a deal and I finally got a hold of her 8 weeks ago: >> -starter overhaul >> -oil change >> -timing belt change >> -that´s about it. >> >> Yesterday offical TUV inspection (Germany, you know): >> no problems, passed like a champ! >> >> She was really dirty, like a T1 you would find in a barn. >> Today, after 4 hours of washing, scrubbing: >> -vacuuming, removing stains. >> -glass cleaner on the outside (2 bottles) and got rid of 90% of the old >> goo and green stuff. >> -enough Coke+Vodka to get me drunk. >> >> Tomorrow, I´ll have my buddy clean the rest, with a high-pressure >> cleanser with hot water incl. shampooing. >> >> My mom took my camera, so here´s the DoKa, shot with my mobile phone: >> http://www.v6bus.de/Bild052.jpg >> http://www.v6bus.de/Bild053.jpg >> http://www.v6bus.de/Bild054.jpg >> >> Happy Raimund >> *5 seats + flatbed*