Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Apr 2012 01:14:42 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Install external oil cooler? Re: Trans fluid in coolant system
Comments: To: HotelWestfalia <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

Considering these transmissions do not have locking torque converters (constant slip and resulting heat load) and the fact that they can still go 150K to 200K miles that cooler set up works very well. It will take an extremely large tube and fin cooler to replace it and then you have to install it in a good place for air flow and deal with the plumbing. Some cars that use an external tranny cooler use that in addition to one inside the radiator.

Dennis