Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:05:13 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: NVC - May prove useful as a camping guide
Comments: To: Skip <skiplaubach@comcast.net>

Skip, thanks. That works. David

---- Skip <skiplaubach@comcast.net> wrote: > I may have figured out how to remove the "layer". With the map up, move cursor to the left side, over the 4th tab down under "map layers". Open the "Forest Disturbance Detection Maps" "layer". Look for the "lighted (yellow) light bulb". Click on the light bulb to "unlight" it. Then the "layer" goes away. That should provide a clean map. If not click through the "layer tabs", look for lighted bulbs and "unlight" them. > > I haven't played with it much, but I did note that a two-track that goes through our woods in northern Michigan (that is currently impassable, is not a public road, and is on private property) is shown on this map. > > Skip Laubach > '84 Westy 1.9L WBXR > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Sent: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:36:43 -0000 (UTC) > Subject: Re: NVC - May prove useful as a camping guide > > Roger, this looks like a very useful tool. However, there is a feature that makes it hard to use. When I bring the map up, it is overlain with a colored feature that, according to a legend to the right, shows change from some previous state. This overlay obscures other features of the map, especially at higher resolutions. On the legend there is an instruction which says "click to clear layer." However, I cannot find what I should click. Clicking the instruction does not work. Clicking anywhere on the legend or map does not work. Do you know the key? Does anyone? The legend to the left brings up all kinds of useful map features, but with the obscured map, they do no good. > > Thanks, McNeely > > ---- Roger Whittaker wrote: > > dear vanagoniterites > > > > there is a recently circulated usa forestry map which is designed to show > > certain information ... i share with you all simply as it may prove to be a > > useful resource when planning a camping trip Forest Change Assessment > > Viewer > > ...there are many options available on the site which offer differing views > > including secondary roads and topographical it clearly comes to an abrupt > > halt at the 49 th ... oh well ... > > anyway ... passing this along it is simply meant as an enhancement in your > > camping planing ... > > i do not wish to enter into any discussions about climate- forest > > husbandry- agent orange or goats even if my opinion is different than yours > > .. which in regard to goats i am pretty sure it is ... all poets should own > > a goat > > happy camping > > regards > > > > -- > > roger w > > From Proverbs: > > Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a > > servant who becomes king ... > > ---------------------------------------------------------- > > Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ > > View the growing list of video work at: > > http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u > > http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt > > -- > David McNeely >

-- David McNeely