Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:56:58 -0400
From:         Roger Barkley <rvbarkley4347@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Coolant cap tester

Didn't really have an old tank laying around to use. Not sure why it would make a differance though. The threads really don't seal it, it's the contact with the rubber gasket in the cap. The cap is not distorted by clamping, (verses screwing), it to the pvc fitting. The nipple is hosed into a bucket of water duplicating the expansion tank. Probably the only differance I can see is you're pressuriseing air through the cap verses coolant?

Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 16:53:27 -0400 From: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> Subject: Re: Coolant cap tester

For testing the cap really needs to be threaded-installed like it is actually used. The valve set is a separate part that needs to be sealed top and bottom, without distorting the cap. That is why I suggested using a coolant tank.

Dennis