Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:03:47 -0600
From:         Richard A Jones <Jones@COLORADO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Aux Battery

Let me put in a pitch for the Yandina battery combiner. http://www.yandina.com/NewCatalog.htm then click on the C100.

It is very small, very slick. The wires that connect the two batteries are not huge, so it limits the charge that crosses through the Yandina, but that has been no problem for me. If I drive a couple of hours, my aux (122 Ahr) is charged.

I have a battery switch with big wires, but I almost never switch it to "both" anymore. I put my Yandina next to the switch, hooked the leads into the posts of the switch, rapped the wire around inside the switch case and was done. (You cannot shorten the two power leads of the Yandina--the length is part of the current limiting design. They are about 18" long, as I remember.

Richard