Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:45:45 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: replacing brake lines

This would be nice, if it was my scenario. Thanks anyway. I understand now what I have to do....

Essentially, the line that is leaking/broke, is the long line that goes from the brake proportioning valve (at the front right of the vehicle) all the way back to the swing arm, snaking its way back and forth through the frame members.

Probably 15 feet of line. It might be easier for me to cut away the bad section and fabricate an insert (I have the metric flaring tool).

No fun to replace the whole line (especially when it's not on a lift.)