Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:51:32 -0400
From:         John Wessels <euromog@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nissan NV Cargo van review
Comments: To: albell@SHAW.CA

I went to look and sit in one over the weekend. Clovis Nissan has a couple of Sportsmobile equiped NV's that have been on a tour of the country. They did not have any at the dealer. Initially they are odd looking with the pick up style hood but are super easy to get to anything on the engine that would need to be serviced. The seats and driving position are VERY comfortable for my 6'4" frame. In the high roof I could almost stand all the way straight in the back. I didn't drive one as I will wait until the Sportsmobile versions gets back in stock. I gave them my contact info for when they do and will then take one for a test drive. They will have one of both versions, standard roof with the pop top and a high roof. One feature that was really cool is with the NAV option there is a back up camera that comes up when put in reverse. It is low mounted so when backing to hook up a trailer you can go straight to the trailer tongue the first try. It also has13" brake rotors front and rear to handle the 10,0000lb towing rating.

For those that will need a 4x4 the front drive componants can be pirated from a wrecked Titan 4x4.

The bare shell 3/4 ton high roof with NAV and power seats had a sticker of $32K. It was not mentioned how much the Sportsmobile option would run.

John Wessels

-----Original Message----- From: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>io To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Mon, Apr 16, 2012 7:21 am Subject: Nissan NV Cargo van review

Last week there was some list chatter about a RV conversion of the Nissan NV cargo van. Well here is a short review of the base vehicle

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/04/commercial-week-day-one-review-2012-nissan-nv-cargo-van/#more-426977

alistair