Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Apr 2012 02:21:46 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday Flamers US DOT HazMat Placards
              (EnvironmentalChemistry.com)
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>

OK... how many listees can hear the song in their head reading the lyrics here ?

a lot I hope ! Actually ..CV McCall ...short career I believe.. hot stuff though. this is a great song.

Reminds me of the song Wolf Crik Pass ....another CW McCall standard . the song about runnin' Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado .. the east side goes into Junnison, CO or some town like that.

nowadays of course.. truckers' hours behind the wheel are monitored via GPS.. had a vanagon customer with a Truckers News magazine ( he's a real trucker ) .. One trucker in the magainze said he carries a bicycle to tour locally wherever he is waiting to be able to drive again . they only get 10 hours a day or something now ..electronically monitored. I prefer the old wild and wooly times myself.

On 4/13/2012 10:34 AM, Roger Whittaker wrote: > Dear Flamers > > Mention of dangerous loads and Micro Bus (clearly vw) but nary a mention of > UN Numbers > > paul brandt credited with lyrics > > (Yeah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck, > you got a copy on me Pigpen? C'mon.) > (Ah yeah, ten-four Pigpen, for sure, for sure. > By golly it's clean clear to Flagtown. C'mon.) > (Yeah, that's a big ten-four there Pigpen. Yeah, we definitely got the > front door good buddy. Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy) > > It was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June > In a Kenworth pullin logs > Cab over Pete with a reefer on > And a Jimmy haulin hogs > We's headed for bear on eye-one-oh > About a mile outta Shakeytown > I says Pigpen, this here's the Rubber Duck > And I'm about to put the hammer down > > Coz we got a little convoy rockin' thru the night > Yeah we got a little convoy aint she a beautiful sight > Come on and join our convoy aint nothin' gonna get in our way > We gonna roll this truckin' convoy 'cross the USA > Convoy > > (Ah, breaker, > Pigpen this here's the Duck and you wanna back off on them hogs?) > (Ah, ten-four, about five mile or so) > (Ten roger, them hogs is gettin' IN-tense up here) > > By the time we got into Tulsa town we had 85 trucks in all > But they's a roadblock up on the cloverleaf > And them bears 's wall to wall > Yeah them smokeys 's thick as bugs on a bumper > They even had a bear in the air > I says Callin' all trucks, this here's the Duck > We about to go a-huntin' bear > > Coz we got a great big convoy rockin' thru the night > Yeah we got a great big convoy aint she a beautiful sight > Come on and join our convoy aint nothin' gonna get in our way > We gonna roll this truckin' convoy across the USA > Convoy > > (Ah, you want to give me a ten-nine on that Pigpen?) > (Ah, negatory Pigpen, you're still too close. > Yeah them hogs is startin' to close up my sinuses. > Mercy's sakes you better back off another ten) > > Well we rolled up Interstate Forty-Four > Like a rocket sled on rails > We tore up all of our swindle sheets > And left 'em sittin' on the scales > By the time we hit that Shi town > Them bears was a-gettin' smart > They bought up some reinforcements > > From the Illinois National Guard > > There's armoured cars and tanks and jeeps > And rigs of every size > Yeah them chicken coops was full of bears > And choppers filled the skies > Well we shot the line > We went for broke > With a thousand screaming trucks > And eleven longhaired friends of Jesus > In a chartreuse microbus > > (Ah, Rubber Duck, this is Sodbuster. C'mon here?) > (Yeah, ten-four Sodbuster. > Listen, ya wanna put that microbus in behind that suicide jockey?) > (Yeah he's haulin' dynamite and he needs all the help he can get) > > Well we laid a strip for the Jersey shore > Prepared to cross the line > I could see the bridge was lined with bears > But I didn't have a doggone dime > I says Pigpen this here's the Rubber Duck > We just aint gonna pay no toll > So we crashed the gate doin' ninety-eight > I says Let them truckers roll, ten-four > > Coz we got a mighty convoy rockin' thru the night > Yeah we got a mighty convoy aint she a beautiful sight > Come on and join our convoy aint nothin' gonna get in our way > We gonna roll this truckin' convoy across the USA > Convoy > > (Ah, ten-four Pigpen. What's your twenty? OMAHA? > Well they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there, for sure. > Well mercy sakes good buddy, we gonna back on outta here, > So keep your thumbs off your glass and the bears off your ......tail. > We'll catch you on the flip-flop. > This here's the Rubber Duck on the side. We gone. bye bye.) > > [Thanks to Country fan 15 for corrections] > > > On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Loren Busch<starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: > >> RE: Reading Haz Mat Placards >> >> Thanks for all the links that have been posted, leads to great and detailed >> information. But, to use a phrase that has become a new part of our >> society, "There's and App for that!!" >> It dawned on me that I should check to see if there was anything avaialble >> for my Android phone and sure enough, several 'apps' (damn, I hate that >> term!) to give the ability to look up based on the number on the placard. >> Downloaded one, I'll see how well it works on the next trip. >> > > > -- > roger w > From Proverbs: > Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a > servant who becomes king ... > ---------------------------------------------------------- > Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ > View the growing list of video work at: > http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u > http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt >