Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:36:46 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: installed new engine.. now have ecu/fuel pump woes....anyone
              help me?
Comments: To: Gus <gmcairo@BELLSOUTH.NET>

At 05:10 PM 4/22/2012, Gus wrote: >So my question is this.... Only thing i found in error was i had >swapped the number 3 and 4 fuel injectors. just spaced out on this. >Would this fry the ecu??

They're connected in parallel IIRC so it makes not the slightest diff. what plug you use. All four injectors have constant +12 on them and fire by having the other lead pulled to ground. All fire simultaneously.

Are you saying that when you jumper the fuel pump the engine runs?

>Another weird thing is .. keeping in mind the relays are good. when >i bridge the power relaythe fuel pump DOES NOT kick on. Would this >be indicative of a bad ecu?I looked at the wiring diagrams and it >seems the pump should kick on regardless of the ecu's state. Am i >mistaken in this?So... if anyone is in the southern pa

What pages in Bentley are you using for your wiring diagram (presumably the correct one for your year)? I have a cat sleeping on me which I'm loath to move, but the ECU definitely does drive the fuel pump relay, so that it can shut it off in case of an accident (loss of ignition timing pulses from the distributor).

Yours, David