Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:00:45 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: '85 1.9 - source for clutch slave cylinder parts??
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>

what kind of wrench are you using on the line nut ?

*the only* kind that will work is a tubing nut wrench., a 5-sioded open end wrench ( it's either 11mm or 12mm ...12 I think )

an open end wrench isn't enough. those lines are semi-rare to me. I might have one. I even sell a modified clutch slave bracket that has a stud instead of a nut and bolt on the aft slave cyl mounting point .. and is reinforced somewhat over stock. scott www.turbovans.com

On 4/25/2012 9:41 AM, Jeff Lincoln wrote: > Hello - > > I've been very busy and haven't had the time to devote to getting the slave > cylinder replaced on poor Gertie (we miss each other I can hear her crying > in the garage at night - and I'm tired of driving this stupid Sunbird > convertible - aka the life raft). > > Anyhow - I need to get this done and here is my dilemma. I cannot get the > line fitting off of the old cylinder. I've sprayed the crap out of it with > PB Blaster and tried and tried (to the point that it will strip soon) and > the darn thing won't budge. I've tried tapping on it and such (haven't > tried heat yet - I'm apprehensive because of the plastic fluid line). > > So I my question is where can I just get a replacement for that plastic > line (that runs from the metal line by the trans mount to the cylinder) and > that fitting that screws into the cylinder itself? It seems it would be > easier to just replace that as well. At least then I could move on and get > this behind me. > > Any ideas or advice from those wiser than I? Buses by the Beach Bus Benefit > is a month away - I need to get this fixed :) > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > '85 GL (Gertie) > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus >