Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:54:29 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 14 inch year-round tires with very good winter performance??

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM, pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@gmail.com>wrote:

> My goals are: > real winter performance (severe service emblem) > good for year round use (long tread life). Ideally, not as loud us the > C2's. fits my factory steel wheels and has the load rating necessary for a > very stable ride. >

Your info is the same as what others have encountered, the Hakka CS is discontinued. Or at least not available in the US. And Nokian apparently does not make some of their other winter tires in 185 or 195R14 sizes. I went to 15" wheels to deal with this problem but that is not the most economic solution.

One positive note on Nokian tires. Last fal I and others reported that Discount Tires could no longer get Nokian tires because of the new marketing arrangement between Nokian and Tire Factory. But Discount is still showing Nokian tires on their website. So today I stopped at my local Discount Tire and asked. With a couple of phone calls and a lot of snooping on the computer the local manager concluded that indeed he could get Nokian tires but it would take a little hunting on his part. He agreed that the situation was like this: A good manager that knows what he is doing at your local Discount tire can probably get you Nokian tires. And the drama continues.....