Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:50:02 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Camping In My Westy!

Well, I am getting a little taste of what it might be like to live in a Westy-it's BORING!! I am hanging around the Newport News Virginia area since Saturday. My daughter is taking her final exams today after her freshman year at Christopher Newport University here in Newport News. I've been staying at the Newport News Campground (owned/run by the city) and at $30.00/night for a site with electric its not bad. I had some company Saturday, but yesterday EVERYONE left, and I was left by myself in this HUGE secluded campground. It was kinda creepy. I brought the wrong power cord for my portable DVD player, so no movies. Reading and a bottle of wine kept me company last night. I'm sitting in a Barnes & Noble using their WiFi. After my daughter finishes her exams we are clearing out her dorm room loading everything in her N. Beetle and my Westy and she comes home for the summer<sigh>!! No seriously, I'm glad she is coming home, I had high hopes of how things were going to be with my wife and I having the house to ourselves again. But, little did I know... <cue the music>

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the "Menopause Zone."

If you ever thought the "Twilight Zone was scary, you ain't seen nothing yet!<Sigh> Story of my life, I just can't win!

Jeff Stewart