Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2012 08:28:59 -0400
From:         Mark Dearing <VWBrain@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Interesting Safety Inspection Failure-Virginia
Comments: To: fonman4277@COMCAST.NET

hey jeff it use to be worse when it was twice a year, For your information even running antique plates the car will have to pass an inspection if you get pulled over and they can pull your tags on the spot if it fails. For this reason I even inspect my cars with the antique tags also know that if you antique tag a pick up you cant haul anything in it legally, which is why my vanagon single cab and my 63 splittie sc are regular tagged .. Now you might bitch about state inspections but they do keep the cars safe, compare with west va, tenn, kentucky and merryland , lots of junk running down the road. Yes there are some ripp off shops that dream up stuff for work so you do have to be carefull, worse thing is when they scrap your old sticker then tell you or put a rejection one on. I personally do not do state inspections , I have a shop a block away do all of them for my shop and if something is wrong I go get it and fix it then return..I do not make any money off inspections , but I do get the work and do not have to deal with the state police. later mark d salem import service salem va