Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2012 16:40:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: was Still lousy gas mileage now TDI conversions
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>

sounds good, you win either way .. either better engine or a house with garage. hot dog.

On 5/3/2012 2:58 PM, ralph meyermann wrote: > I saved all my tax$ and worked mega overtime this year,only 6 days off > since january 6th,to try and buy an unlisted repo house next door for my > daughter and myself the garage is for velma,if its a bad deal the$ is > going into Velma for upgrades!! I should know today! > > Velma 82diesel 1.6 na westy > > On May 3, 2012 4:49 PM, "Scott Daniel - Turbovans"< > scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > > one thing I would like to suggest.. > the world of VW diesel *cars* and the world of VW diesel Vanagons are two > entirely different worlds. > > it's very common to hear ...'I got 300K+ miles out of my whatever ...jetta > tdi blah blah blah' ... > > and yes...in a small CAR ... > push a vanagon with VW's car engine , which all of the diesels are, with > one exception .. > and it's just rougher on the engine, > pushing that big box, than it is pushing a little car around. > > VW has done that forever, starting with putting their 36 hp Bug engine in > Split Window Buses. .. > and ...heck.. > if diesel vanagons were not so just Excellent in the 'vanagon' part .. > hardly any would be alive as they came here from VW with a 48 hp car engine > . > There are riding lawn mowers with more power than that ! > > and ...sorry ...just can't help noticing ... > one AHU I know of ...don't know the miles on the engine when it came out > of a jetta .. > and obviously that engine was not cared for ..........it was just thrashed > in every way, needed full rebuilding. > They are less idiot proof than lots of engines, I think is far to say. > > > > On 5/3/2012 5:32 AM, ralph meyermann wrote: >> I do like the simple one wire fuel shut off solenoi...