Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 May 2012 01:37:40 -0700
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Gasoline, dollars & a really bright moon

I was coming home tonight and I had to stop for gas, I didn't have time on the way to work as I had to drop some garage sale stuff off at my daughters for the American Cancer Society garage sale she is having tomorrow. When you need stuff moved you call dad to bring the bus, part of the fun of owning one if you ask me...

Anyway, way into the zed zone on the gauge that came with the '84 Westy. I remember on one VW bus I had there was an "R" along with the red zone, I figured the "R" was German for "walk"... the '86 syncro maybe? No matter, I stopped on the way home. 14.8 gallons for just $59.32! Wow & double Wow! That tank was down & I don't think I have put that many dollars into a tank since I filled up a Class "A" RV. 60 bucks in a VW bus gas tank... who would have thought that would ever happen?

Things are going ok, then it starts to rain, I thought they had been talking about good weather, maybe even seeing 70 on Monday! It would be nice to see 70 degrees again, it would be nice to see the rain stop for a few days! Ten minutes of rain & it stopped. The next thing I noticed was how bright it was outside, then I saw the moon! Oh Ya, it was a good one. Then I remembered the reports of this being the closest it's been in 50 or a hundred years or something, it looks good.

I hope the sky is clear where you are, that gas is under $4 a gallon and you have a chance to take your Vanagon out so you can see just how bright-close-big the moon can be.

Aloha!

Rob becida@comcast.net Western WA state, USA