Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 May 2012 23:51:56 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      ZeedEE's digest problem
Comments: To: ZedEE Scooby <gtadaizee@HOTMAIL.COM>
Comments: cc: Ben Tan <syncro@gmail.com>, jim arnott <jr.arnott@gmail.com>

Hi ZeddEE,

I'm one of the moderators here. I hope I can help.

At 10:55 PM 5/5/2012, ZedEE Scooby wrote: >FIRST, I'm very confused by these Digests, much much repetition and >I don't understand

I have to admit I've been on the list for well over a decade and I've never seen a digest so I'm not the best to comment on that. However I *suspect* that a lot of the repetition is because this list has historically done a poor job of trimming off irrelevant parts of messages being replied to, so that answers to answers to answers to answers end up being included improperly in messages. We're gradually working on that but it will no doubt take a while.

> >SECOND, I apparently don't know how it works either as I've >responded to a few and never see them.

I see six responses you've made between 10 March and 2 May, all very properly trimmed (for which I thank you).

Did they not show up in digests you received after they were posted?

First thing I suggest you do right away is send a message to <listserv@gerry.vanagon.com> and in the body put

SET VANAGON ACK END

This will cause listserve to send you an acknowledgement like this: >Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 22:51:05 -0400 >From: "L-Soft list server at Vanagon List >(1.8d)" <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Subject: Message ("Your message dated Sat, 05 May 2012 22:36:05...") >To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> > >Your message dated Sat, 05 May 2012 22:36:05 -0400 with subject "Re: Heater >Box, how to remove the flaps?" has been successfully distributed to the >vanagon list (756 recipients).

each time one of your posts goes out.

Second, correspond privately with me and let's see if we can't find out what's going on.

Yours, David