Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 May 2012 15:29:13 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dash removed/re-installed
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

At 01:46 PM 5/7/2012, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: >I've had root canals that were less trouble than removing the dash.

Well of course. You just lie there with your mouth open for a while and then cough up a lot of money.

Fair warning though -- the anesthetic for numbers 7 and 8 (two middle upper front teeth) feels a bit like being struck by lightning, 'cause there's no place for it to go. Good time to be holding the assistant's hand, or I find it so - not being the man Who Had Experience of Pain.*

*Went to the doc in -- was it Millinocket or Mooselookmeguntic? -- with a carbuncle on his neck, back when they had carbuncles. Doc sucks his teeth, says young feller that's quite a swell one, going to have to lance it of course. Going to hurt plenty, I'd better give you something for it. Man says that's ok doc, I'll be all right. I have had Experience of Pain. Doc says ok, it's your funeral, and sets to work. Half an hour later he's done, the hydra has been beheaded and bandaged, and Mister Man hasn't turned a hair. He says how much and the doc says that'll be a dollar I guess. So he pays and sets out to leave, but the doc stops him and says young feller, I've never seen anyone toss something off like you just did. I guess you *have* had experience of pain. Would you mind awfully telling me what happened? Man says not at all doc, the second most painful experience in my life was when I was out in the woods one day and found nature come a'calling. So I slipped behind a tree and arranged myself when it was brought to my attention that I'd managed to set up shop on top of a bear trap. Doc's eyes get big and round and he cringes a little and says well I guess! But if that was only the second most painful experience -- I'm 'most afraid to ask about the first. Aw heck, says the man. That was when I come to the end of the chain.

With apologies to John Gould, may his memory be eternal

Yours, David