Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 May 2012 18:04:30 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Clutch pedal goes only halfway
Comments: To: George Laubach <skiplaubach@COMCAST.NET>

Under normal operation the clutch pressure plate pushes the driven (slave), cylinder back in when the pedal is released. Without the pressure plate the driven cylinder will be pushed out by the internal spring and pumping action. Without it being retracted it will bottom out. Continued pressure will ruin both cylinders and possibly blow out one of the lines. When doing brakes keep this in mind. Do not step on the brake pedal with drums removed or calipers out unless the goal is to push the pistons out.

Dennis