Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 May 2012 14:22:10 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Bay Negative Strap Questions. 1988 Westy. PICS.
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Hi.. I'd spray anything on the intake runners that is ant-corrosion and won't eat at the rubber pieces at the plenum end.

I have used a lot of 'Corrosion Block' a nice aluminum /boat/aircraft treatment juice in a spray can too.

I have never had *anything* ignite from engine heat that was sprayed and left on the engine. 'possible' I suppose .. but highly unlikely. Use common sense of course ..like don't cover an engine in engine oil then go driving. but no ..never any issue at all in that regard.

scott

On 5/7/2012 5:13 PM, neil n wrote: > I've been spraying Rust Check ( a petroleum based rust inhibitor and > lube) Link: http://www.rustcheck.com/ all over the seams in engine > bay, rusty PS hard lines etc. On that note...... > > Would you spray this stuff on the intake runners? Mine are rusty and > want to slow down the rust and paint them another day. > > I bet it's ok to do so, but had thought that any left behind might > ignite from engine heat. Not likely but could use your opinion. > > Neil. > > On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans > <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote: > > >> btw ....I see dusty, dirty, and corroded engine compartments all the time. >> It is totally normal and standard to spray down almost everything with some >> corrosion fighting juice. >> I use WD-40 as it's a great moisture remover .. >> and helps electrical connections.. >> I spray it everywhere except into the alternator . >> >> for rust like this, that won't have much affect, but it'll help keep it from >> getting worse. >> >> it's really *very* easy to keep metal parts from rusting and trying to get >> back to the earth. > >