Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 May 2012 16:23:56 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: what clues about engine health can I get...
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

The waterpump body is pristine,but the impeller is siezed. VW heads, obvious sealant squeeze out on gasket. It is the pushrod tube condition that is a bit unusual, nice and shiny.

I'll set up spare bellhousing and do comp test, and hook up some air to do leak down test.

A couple of poor quality pics (GoPro vid cam, not the best for thing) to give an idea of how it looks

https://shufti.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/gopr0045.jpg https://shufti.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/gopr0046.jpg

alistair