Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 May 2012 22:04:08 -0400
From:         DAIZEE Scooby <gtadaizee@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 14 May 2012 - Special issue (#2012-304)

Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 20:27:39 -0400 From: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> Subject: Re: [EDIT] Baffles next to headlamps

At 05:18 PM 5/14/2012, Rocket J Squirrel wrote: >But I've got these two others Mystery Baffles that I think sat somewhere >between the headlights and the rad, but I can't figure out how they >mounted no matter how I orient them. They were flopping loose when we >pulled the rad.

I can't help in much detail but I made replacements from vinyl siding and secured them to the grille using black Ty Raps(TM). Don't have the beast any more, so I can't go look. My present one doesn't seem to have anything, either missing or never there.

I'm sure VW had a fancier name for them than cardboard, but they haven't held up well in the weather. Extremely well, for cardboard, but...

Yours, David My side baffles disintegrated, so removed them all but the bottom one. Put a new rad in and new silicone cooling hoses, got rid of external extra oil cooler and I run about 185 to 190 degrees regularly. I also do road trip with a screen bra on to cut down on bugs on/in radiator. I do have plastic corrogated material that I could use but I'm doing without on purpose.

Zee or DAIZEE aka gtadaizee