Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 May 2012 06:32:33 -0600
From:         Richard A Jones <Jones@COLORADO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Stranded World Travelers

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Stranded World Travelers Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 04:02:10 -0600 From: s_j_wacker@juno.com To: Jones@Colorado.EDU

Hey Richard. The shop to avoid is "Foreign Aid", the place I would recommend is "Mac Daddy Motorworx", they have done a few Subaru conversions and are familiar with Vanagons (as familiar as a Grand Junction shop can be). Phone 970 243 9644, 476 28 1/2 road.

Call me if I can help. 970 216 2163

Steve

On Tue, 08 May 2012 20:41:02 -0600 Richard A Jones <Jones@Colorado.EDU> writes: > Jim: > > I'm copying in Steve Wacker who lives in Grand Junction and > knows the shop to avoid. Hopefully, he'll reply with the > name that I can't remember. Plus any good shops he knows. > > Richard > > > > > Dr Jones, > > > > Our friend Curt Long is in communication with the stranded > Germans. > > They have been considering a shop in GJ. It would REALLY help to > know > > the name of the one to be avoided. > > > > Thanks in advance. > > > > Jim Arnott > > Union, OR > > > > > > Whether we are in a pleasant or a painful state depends, finally, > upon > > the kind of matter that pervades and engrosses our consciousness. > > --Arthur Schopenhauer > > > > On May 7, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Richard A Jones wrote: > > > >>> They have some leads on Grand Junction to check on Monday. > >> There is a shop in Grand Jct that is inviting, but by reports > >> of a local is to be avoided at all costs. A friend in Denver > >> had his Westy trucked there from Boulder, Utah. Steve Wacker > >> in Grand Jct said to get it out of there as soon as possible, > >> which he did before the charges started adding up. > >> > >> I can't find old emails with the name of the shop, but maybe > >> Steve will chime in. He and others have been screwed there > >> and it is important to avoid it. > >> > >> Richard > ____________________________________________________________ Deal Of The Day 57-Year-Old Woman Has Free Trick to Look 20+ Years Younger http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4faa40e76528c126271fst01duc