Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 May 2012 12:28:39 -0400
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Clutch Slave Cylinder replaced Finally!!! - One other question
              though.

OK, so I was finally able to devote some good time to Gertie and managed to get the old clutch slave cylinder out (what a rusted in bear of a job that was) and the new one in.

Everything is hooked back up - with the front end in the air still (because we also replaced the gas tank) everything gravity bled easily and quickly. So I'm back on the road and happy.

However, on my way to work this morning there were a few times that I was having a hard time getting it to shift into any gear - no grinding or anything like that just took a bit of moving the stick around and finagling to get it to go int gear. Also, had stopped on the way for coffee and when I started it I couldn't get it into reverse without some grinding - I turned it off shifted it into reverse and started back up no problem. Have tried it again and there was no problem.

I think something is out of alignment or getting "hung up" somehow - like a linkage problem - it's intermittent. So what could I possibly have gotten out of whack and where do I look first?

-- Thanks,

Jeff '85 GL (Gertie) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus