Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 May 2012 23:02:54 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Audi help need in Robbinsville, NC
Comments: To: Jason <uberhare@GMAIL.COM>

I don't mind helping anyone so no problem even if not Friday.

What do you really mean by "running out of brakes"? Pads worn to metal or pedal to the floor? Pads can be changed without need to bleed the brake system although especially with ABS I like to open the bleeders while the calipers are being retracted so as not to push the fluid back into the system. Even with ABS the system can be bleed using conventional methods.

Sounds like something in the hydraulics has failed and some troubleshooting may be needed.

Dennis