Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 May 2012 01:57:30 +0000
From:         Ryan Shawley <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Anyone in TN, Advice to give younin look to get "bus"

So kinda two fold thing here: A nephew of my brother's fiance/girlfriend/whatever wants to get a bus, they told him to call me. He's lives in Maryland and was looking hard and heavy at this van in TN: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1299419 Does anyone "know" this van, is there anyone out there willing to help with an "inspection". I get the impression this kid (19 y/o) really wants an old bus, I thought this one was a bit overpriced, maybe not if everything is really, really nice on it. I think he likes the "custom" stuff done on this bus, not so much my cup of tea. This kid is not a VW person but I think he likes the cool asspect of the putt-putt buses. I did all the warnings with him, "they're slow, there's no AC, they do not have adequate heat typically, blah blah blah" it was funny because I heard the same things with my two bays I owned (71 Riviera and Westy). The heart wants what the heart wants, epecially at 19, I get that.... I told him to check out Type2.com and poke around on AIRS to see if there is someone who is not an emergency only contact in TN willing to help. I did mention the Vanagon and how my Westy has lived up to all the dreams I had for those bay windows that always let me down (they really broke my heart but I'd still love to get a non-camper bus). Let's face it we know our vans rock but they don't "look" as cool as a bay or splitty. From what I understand he and his dad have some skills mechanically and they have truck/trailer to go get whatever. What do you tell someone at this crossroad? Anyone know of anyone in Maryland with something sweet? I don't wanna see this kid drop $10k on something that will only give him problems, it seems to me $10k should get you something, really, really, nice and even closer than TN. Thanks for any replies, keep em off list I guess as they'll like be NVC. Ryan