Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 May 2012 12:34:58 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: I'm getting the FAS Gen 5 and info
Comments: To: ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET

I do have to say that it does appear that these guys are doing a very commendable job at making

sure that this conversion will be as good as it can be but I have to add that, IMHO, I do not think that

any of the "Inline4s" are a proper engine for a Vanagon ~ They are set up from the getgo for a flat well

balanced engine & that should be a leading criteria when one ponders a conversion. The main issue that

I have with the Inline4s is that they place the vast majority of there weight on the DriversSide where the

Drivers weight is already going to be & especially in the case of a Westy where all the CamperCabinetry

& H2OTank & PropaneTank & possibly AuxBattery is already on that side, that should become an even

bigger consideration.

ORR ~ DeanB

'90Westy + EJ25 ~ VDubaru