Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 May 2012 13:51:22 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Rainfly
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

I did not notice any condensation at all. But weather during most of night was breezy and dry. Only in the morning did the rain start and I didn't think to look over luggage rack to see what was what.

Those side hooks just don't give me much confidence. I really think they could be made better, and incorporate an elastic to take up any slack that develops in fly.

The front belt is, as people from Essex would say, pants. It is almost as if Go Westy ran out of steam at that point and said "lets just use the belt method and ship the bugger".

I did close top with fly attached this last weekend. No problems wit material bunching at front but you have to watch be careful not to trap the dammed hooks under pop top seal at the sides (I should have removed them).

alistair