Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 May 2012 19:20:05 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Castrol Hypuron 15W-40 Synthetic Blend?
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

I was really surprised when that happened. I had a remote filter set up with the cooler and a Trasko cast aluminum alloy case with a depth filter installed on a 2.1 in my '84. I think it was a bad casting. It was one of the coldest winters we've had here, and when it blew it pumped the entire contents of the crankcase into the street before I noticed the light and 0 on the oil pressure gauge. It took a fair amount of cat litter to clean it up, not to mention the engine compartment. I don't do Trasko anymore.

Stuart

From: Scott Daniel - Turbovans [mailto:scottdaniel@turbovans.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:10 AM To: Stuart MacMillan Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Castrol Hypuron 15W-40 Synthetic Blend?

Spoken as a true Tribiologist !

Oil pressure relief valve is supposed to bleed off excess oil pressure cold of course. ( or any time it's too high )