Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 May 2012 19:34:19 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Parting out a 1987 Wolfsburg vanagon in Toronto / BusFusion /
              Niagara Falls
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

Shame to see one go .. they aren't making new ones.

it may be worth more in parts than what it is as it is.. but you can't get 87 Wolfsburgs that easily .. it's a special model..the first Carat actually.

unless it's badly rusted, crashed, or burnt .. sorry to say ..it is just wasting a very special vehicle.

I believe they are all Silver ... officially called a Limited Edition Wolfsburg I think. I love mine.. with the lowered suspension .. it's a sports car of a vanagon .. it's also nice they have fiberglass bumpers and no side cladding.

87's btw... are my favorite 'last series' ..the 86 to 91's.. 86's are not quite finished being brought up to spec ( like they can have the old style AC for example ) .. 87 ..real good year.. 87 Wolfsbrug ..very special vanagon.

On 5/21/2012 10:59 AM, Greg Potts wrote: > Hi Volks, > > I've been offline from email for a while, busy with work and home stuff. > Today I finally got back on with about 750 messages to wade through. If > there was something urgent I missed in the past few days, please re-mail > it. Sorry. > > Anyway, one of the things I have been busy with is the rolling stock in > my driveway. The gray 1987 Wolfsburg I imported from VA in 2008 has got > to go. Its oil pressure issue turned out not to be the oil pump, but > rather to be the dreaded VWoC bad rebuild syndrome. It was running well > when parked, other than the oil pressure light coming on at anything > less than 3000 RPM once warm. I was routinely getting 20MPG from it at > mixed city-highway commuting with max speeds of about 110km/h. > > In the condition it is in, it's not economically viable to repair. It > already needed tires and power steering lines, so it's underwater if > we're to borrow a real estate industry phrase. The parts are worth more > than the whole, so that's how it's going. > > Some bits and pieces are already spoken for. The transmission is sold. > The windshield and seat belts are sold. The electric mirrors are sold. > One of the rear facing seats is sold, the other is still available. > There are a LOT of good parts remaining though, the full width rear > folding seat, the instrument cluster, the fusebox and so on. The > fibreglass bumpers are in 7/10 condition, with some bondo and paint they > could be a 10, but I will leave that to you and price them accordingly. > The 1.9L longblock is also available, other than the ECU I still have > the digifant FI system up for grabs and some decent exhaust parts as > well. The fuel tank is also intact. > > I am planning to attend BusFusion and the June Jitterbug, and I can > arrange for smaller items to be delivered to NaturalBus as well. > > If there are specific parts you need, let me know and I'll get back to > you with pricing. I need to have the carcass hauled away before I go to > BusFusion on the 7th, so time is of the essence. > > > Happy Trails, > > Greg Potts > Toronto, Ontario Canada > 197x Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" > 1987 Wolfsburg Weekender Hardtop (ND Graphics graphics wrap) > 1988 Wolfsburg Weekender Hardtop (Colleen's ride) > Engine conversion blog: http://www.pottsfamily.ca/wordpress/ > www.pottsfamily.ca > > BUSES OF THE CORN - AUGUST 12-14th, 2011 > www.busesofthecorn.ca >