Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 May 2012 00:11:49 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can a rear brake pull down one side of a 77  bus as you
              stop???
Comments: To: Courtney Hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>

Due to the rotational forces applied to the torsion arm suspension some squat during braking is normal. Rear squatting will be more pronounced when using the handbrake only. The rate of squat is controlled by the shock absorbers. There is also a rear proportioning valve that helps prevent rear wheel lock up. While adjustments are critical differences in braking force from side to side usually indicate something else is wrong besides adjustment.

Dennis