Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 May 2012 12:29:28 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bostig Engine Installation 85 Vanagon
Comments: To: Jon Durham <jon_durham@knology.net>

Does the Bostig user forum have any info on a mechanic local or not too far from you that could do the install?

Or, maybe Bostig has suggestions of a shop who've done the install and would stand behind their work?

IMO, a licensed mechanic with Vanagon experience should be able to do that swap w/o too much of a learning curve or w/o spending inordinate amounts of time online, and/or reading the provided info.

Neil.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jon Durham <jon_durham@knology.net> wrote: > I've decided to have someone install a Bostig in my 85 Vanagon. If I > understood Jim Akiba at the MA shop, they no longer install the engine. > A firm in Seattle does. I can't do it myself. > > I live in northern Alabama. I will transport the bus to and from an > installer, so Seattle is a bit far away. > > I feel uneasy finding a 3rd party to install the engine because if > something goes wrong, I'm afraid folks will be pointing figures at each > other. So I'd like to find an entity who will assume total > responsibility installing the engine, and if necessary, coordinate with > the Boston shop if problems arise. Would I be asking too much? > > My other option is to get my mechanic in Huntsville AL to install it. > How difficult is it to install this engine? > > Meanwhile, have a great Memorial Day. > > > > -- > “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the > way its animals are treated” --Gandhi

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly  http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"  http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines