Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 May 2012 21:05:53 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Turnkey Proposal Rocky Mountain Westy
Comments: To: Ben T <syncro@gmail.com>

I agree. The term turnkey originated with the building trade. It meant the owner would walk up to the home, put the key in the lock and start living there. In the computer business, a turnkey system meant/means you power it up and begin using it, all the software and hardware integration is done. I think it would mean the same thing in the car business. You show up with the key and drive off.

Jim

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Ben T <syncro@gmail.com> wrote: > On May 24, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET> wrote: > >> It seems a bit high to me. >> I bought a turn key from bostig for 7k and change. >> install took 3 days for me... so lets say 80/hr for a mechanic at 8hrs per day. I'd expect it would be less time and bostig has info on their site for partners. >> > > OK, you are what I mean? How can it be "turn key" if you have to spend 3 days to put it on?! > > Once upon a time, a local shop did offer such services. I would drive/tow a Vanagon in with a Wasserboxer. A few days later, I would go over and settle my bill. Hop in the cab and drive away. Now that's "turn key". You turn the key in the ignition and go. > > > BenT