Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 May 2012 06:02:57 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Turnkey Proposal Rocky Mountain Westy
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

Don said he had never heard of engines being sold as "turnkey" and I pointed out they are commonly sold under just that label. These companies explicitly sell built up engines packaged for simple installation and they say so right up front. How you would lump that with some kind of food product misrepresentation is beyond me. The engine companies don't claim a team of fairies will visit during the night to install it for you or anything. Anyone buying an engine mail order certainly knows they will have to do more than just start the car after the engine arrives.

Mark

Jim Felder wrote: > You can google the term "healthy food" and get even more examples of > companies misrepresenting their products, just to offer a single > example out of many. The fact that a great number of people get away > with it shouldn't have any bearing on the meaning of the phrase > "healthy food" or "turnkey" or what we accept as such. These are > claims that sound good, get people interested, etc. but are not > reality, and for the sake of people who really do offer turnkey work > and healthy food, they shouldn't. > > My two. > > Jim > > Try Google on the term "turnkey >> engine" and you will see hundreds of businesses selling engines they >> call turnkey. No matter how narrowly any of us may prefer to use the >> term the fact is that the industry in question broadly uses it in a >> different way and thus people in that industry may also do so without >> committing any inherent contradiction. >> Don Hanson wrote: >>> >