Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:55:17 -0400
From:         pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Big Brakes for 14'' rims? WAS: Re: front brakes
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@gmail.com>

You can upgrade to the later style brakes. This involves replacing the spindles with some "good used" spindles, then you just bolt on later style calipers.. My understanding is that the pads on later vans are bigger, although I've never had a later-year van and haven't done this upgrade so this is just hearsay coming from me.

I believe this is the only "upgrade" option that works with the stock wheels.