Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jun 2012 16:40:06 -0500
From:         JRodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Alloy wheels $300
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>

It seems like somewhere I have seen photos of a modified clamshell that addresses the issue. Maybe someone still has a link for that.

John

On 6/5/2012 3:40 PM, Max Wellhouse wrote: > Casey: I went the same route you did, and ended up getting a > deflatable Audi 16" spare and the 12 pump to blow it up when it needs > to be used. Haven't reamed out the center for it to fit the front > hubs yet, but time will get that done. The tire is a Vredistein and > came from an Allroad. Haven't tried to clam it in the clamshell yet, > but. I think it will get in there eventually. > > > DM&FS > > At 03:08 PM 6/5/2012, Zeitgeist wrote: >> I sold a set of five alloys for $300 (possibly to someone on this list) a >> while back, but they included caps and proper lug nuts/bolts. The tires >> even had decent tread left, but the sidewalls had some age checking. I >> went to 16" MB rims and never looked back...though I still don't have a >> spare that fits in the clamshell. >> >> >> -- >> Casey >