Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Jun 2012 01:38:44 -0500
From:         David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      road trip

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 24px"><DIV align=right><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma>&nbsp;ran&nbsp;Hi Volks'</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma>Aha, I have access.&nbsp; They'll never take me alive!&nbsp; Oops, sorry about that.&nbsp; &nbsp;Many miles, many smiles, many hours and it's really late.&nbsp; Had a couple of great stops with Jim in Erie ( hope seeing my bus will help push him to get his out for summer ) and Skip in Illinois ( saw the pump run, hope his new engine runs as well, especially after I was the one to give him assistance).&nbsp; A stop at a state park by US 80 in Neb., running a little ahead&nbsp;so ran down&nbsp;US 76 (I think)&nbsp;and I was in&nbsp;Rocky Mtn. NP. Stayed on both sides of the park (almost 13k pass in between), and continued onto Rt 40 thru Rabbit Ears pass and down into Steamboat Springs, where I did some ski bumming as a lad, then ran 40 across Colo. and into Utah.&nbsp; Almost got blown off the road a few times.&nbsp; If not for the great suspension in&nbsp;our vanagons (when they're in good shape), ...</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma>At Ken's house in Salt Lake City at this moment.&nbsp; He has a flat cement pad. electric hookup and a ceramic heater.&nbsp; I'm in heaven.&nbsp;&nbsp; Old VW owners ( the vehicles, not neccessarly the owners )&nbsp;are special and great people.&nbsp; But&nbsp;it's late and I'm&nbsp;beat.&nbsp; We live in a&nbsp;remarkably beautiful and diverse country&nbsp;and we&nbsp;should all be&nbsp;proud that some of it has been set aside for wilderness.&nbsp; And I haven't even&nbsp;been to Yosmite ot Y ellowstone yet.&nbsp; Tell your US reps to fund the Nationl&nbsp;Park Service.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma>I'm to bed.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma>Dave B.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma></FONT><FONT size=3 face=Tahoma>&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></DIV>