Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Jun 2012 19:38:57 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help Please, Lost Brakes :-(
Comments: To: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>

Sure sounds like a master cylinder .. but for sure inspect the rear wheel cylinders .. they often leak fairly easily. If the brake fluid looks like thin black water.. and MC is original ....highly likely your MC has served out its useful life.

I always like to inspect in the wheel brakes and all lines/hoses before replacing an MC, just to be sure it's not something in the wheels. scott www.turbovans.com

On 6/6/2012 6:45 PM, Harry Hoffman wrote: > Hi All, > > So I was driving all today and all of the sudden my brakes stopped > working. > > I was attempting to slow down coming to a stop sign when the pedal went > straight to the floor. > > I pumped the brake pedal and got pressure back when attempting to > depress the pedal but then eventually it the pedal went back down to the > floor. > > Sometimes the pedal will drop to the floor without any resistance and > other times there will be some resistance before hitting the floor. > > The reservoir is still at the max level and the emergency brake is > holding on a incline. > > It's a 1989 vanagon with the bostig setup. > > Both front discs and rear drums were replaced ~ 1000mi ago. > > Help, please! > > Cheers, > Harry >