Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Jun 2012 03:27:19 -0400
From:         Kurt Grotz <kurtgrotz@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: specs for the 3 roll pins and six bolts for the clutch

Roll Pins: I don't know if it is kosher but - mine were all missing when I went to reinstall last summer. The machine shop swore they didn't have them and I know I never saw them. As I didn't know what they were when I took the clutch apart I would not have known they were missing. It was clear I needed them (something) for alignment purposes when I was putting is back together. Weeks of getting to this point and no pins. No wonder the pilot bearing was so screwed up. Someone had butchered this before.

I finally found an assortment set at HF. They were not metric, but one of the sizes was just a tad lose fitting. I split it open with the tap of screwdriver- just a bit -and then they fit nice and snug when tapped into their holes. Since they are mainly for alignment I fugured it would be ok.

5,000 miles later not a problem with the clutch. Strong and smooth as an ox. Bleeding the system.... that was another story.

Good luck.

-- Kurt Grotz 484-477-2109 kurtgrotz@gmail.com