Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jun 2012 10:30:42 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel tank cross over
Comments: To: Kurt Grotz <kurtgrotz@gmail.com>

I can't confirm this, but my guess that with crossover pipe under coolant pipes etc., raising tank to position will put pressure on the pipe, and possibly cause a poor seal at one or both grommets at each end of crossover pipe. This may be one reason why some have a fuel leak after tank re-seal.

The crossover runs above everything; coolant pipes, e-brake cable etc. Here's some pics I took of my bastard '81 (swapped to water cooled, heater hoses shown in non stock location), tank partially lowered, crossover in place:

https://sites.google.com/site/tubaneil2/gastankcrossoverpipe

You can sort of see that if one had pipe below these parts, it would likely be squished a little. Note the cable straps shown. Do NOT use these! Got that idea from a Vanagon forum. Bad idea IMO.

A toque can help avoid cuts to the head!

Neil.