Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:26:02 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel tank cross over
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

You have to "think Canadian" Scott.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toque#Canadian_usage

Called a "beanie" in US I believe.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toque

;)

This isn't directed at Scott of course, as I'm sure he's done this job many times but.....

I don't recall exactly how I installed the cross over pipe, but IIRC, have read that one can either:

tank still out, lay cross over pipe in place above the coolant pipes etc. lift tank up part way, seat one end of pipe, lift tank high enough to that other end of pipe can be seated.

or

tank still out, install one end of cross over pipe, lift tank part way, route pipe over coolant pipes etc., lift tank high enough to seat other end of pipe, seat pipe.

Neil.

Neil.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Scott Daniel - Turbovans < scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

> yeah ..real pain that tube goes over coolant pipes and e-brake cable.. > sure would be nicer if they'da made it so you can just put those parts on > the tank and stick it up in there. > > lol. no matter how many times you do it, or how smart ya get at doing a > tank .. > coming out or going in . > it's move the tank a little, fiddle with connections.. > move it some more, fiddle with a few more etc. > > Just can't seem to think of what a togue is. > Gotta be this .. > ( not a work spoken or written much that I know of ! ) > toque ** [tohk] > noun > 1. > a brimless and close-fitting hat for women, in any of several shapes<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shapes>. > > 2. > a velvet hat with a narrow, sometimes turned-up brim, a full crown, and > usually a plume, worn by men and women especially in 16th-century France. > >

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'88 Slate Blue Westy to be named.

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines