Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Jun 2012 09:09:18 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Fire Season
Comments: To: John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>

I was fortunate in finding one (3lb) about 10 years ago after emptying my CO2 unit into a burning custom hotrod on side of hwy (never even got a thank you from stunned owner - was the car's first time out). Local store offered the halon as a cheaper alternative to testing and refilling old CO2 unit.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/albell/images/final%20web%20pics/mods/halon1.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/albell/images/final%20web%20pics/mods/halon2.jpg

I mounted a bit of plastic tubing on kitchen unit, behind driver's seat, to hold it.

alistair